How to Channel Your Spirit Guides
There are many way to contact your spirit guide. Channeling is one way but often experienced mediums and “psychics” use the phrase “channeling” to imply their guides will speak through them to impart knowledge to those listening.
You can however, use exactly the same methods, of which there are many, to bring forward your guide(s) to assist you alone. Whether you allow them to speak through you rather than “in your head” is a matter of experience, confidence and other factors too numerous to mention. Please don’t allow others to over-complicate this for you or to tell you this way is wrong, that way doesn’t work, what you are doing is dangerous etc. None of this is true.
Here are some ideas to get you started.
At this time, I ask to be surrounded with divine white light and loving guides and angels. Please come in, lift me in your vibration, and assist me in quieting the mind and opening my heart to tune in to knowledge, wisdom, and truth.
- Sit comfortably in a dimly lit room perhaps with a candle burning which you can focus on if your mind is wandering.
- You can have some gentle music playing in the background if you think it will help.
- Greet your guide(s) or angel(s) and ask them to help you relax while doing this exercise.
- Ask them to work with your mind and calm your thoughts.
- Breathe in as deeply as you can through your nose and exhale through your mouth.
- Count to four as you inhale and again as you exhale.
- Be aware of the air going in and out and your chest rising and falling.
- Do this for a few minutes or until you feel centred.
- Talk with your spirit guides or angels about what you’re experiencing.
- Don’t worry if you find it hard to concentrate or that your mind wanders a lot.
- It’s ok to just sit and be aware of their presence.
- When you have finished, thank them for their help and the time spent with you.