Card from our Lifestyle Deck:
The Crucifix has more accurate meanings when paired with another card in the lifestyle deck or with a tarot card.
Meanings: a person with depression or ill health, duty, conviction, suffering, burden, intolerance, principles
While the Crucifix can be representative of organized religion, this card’s meaning can also be expanded to include the concepts of ideology and responsibility – such as when we come across the phrase one’s Crucifix to bear. Ideologies direct our goals, our actions and our values – they create a division between what is good and what is bad. They tell us what we should do and what we should not do, and can become incredibly harmful when taken to extremes. It is through ideologies that we learn to judge others, and judge ourselves – sometimes going too far and creating a culture of intolerance.
Because ideologies have value judgements, they become closely tied with this card’s other meanings. Sometimes what is considered the right thing to do can drive us towards great accomplishments and fulfillment, but it can also, especially in cases where those ideals and principles are far too extreme, become a heavy burden. We cannot be perfect creatures all the time, we are only human.
The Crucifix Significators
- This card has Negative energies
- If The Crucifix signifies a person they will often be Virgo
- As a matching card The Crucifix signifies 2 – 3 weeks (when or for how long)
- This card is ruled by Mercury
Examples of Questions to Ask
- Where in life do I feel burdened?
- What are my values and why?
- What do I consider absolutes in my life?
- Where am I being too judgemental?