Card from our Lifestyle Deck:
The Crane has more accurate meanings when paired with another card in the lifestyle deck or with a tarot card.
Meanings: new relationship, change, transition, movement, recurrence, new cycle, yearning
When seeing the Crane in your readings, the card can indicate changes, transitions and transformations. The Crane is known as a bird with long migratory patterns, sometimes traveling between seasons between the southernmost tip of Africa to Europe.
Sometimes, this migration can be literal – you may be going through a geographical relocation. But more often, it can be a figurative movement – where you are going through a process where you are redefining certain aspects of yourself. Usually, this is something that starts from within; like the a change in the way you define love, or your own identity. This tends to shape the actions you take and how you make choices. The inward change radiates outward, and it is most times, a very slow process. To understand where in life you’re changing, you’ll have to take a look at the surrounding cards. Finally, since migratory patterns are seasonal, the Crane card can also indicate cycles and returns. That means you can find yourself in recurring situations or feelings.
The Crane Significators
- This card has Neutral energies
- If The Crane signifies a person they will often be Gemini
- As a matching card The Crane signifies Long Lasting (when or for how long)
- This card is ruled by Mercury
Examples of Questions to Ask
- What is no longer serving me and needs to change?
- What situation do I find myself in again and again?
- How can I escape the cycle?
- How can I reach my highest potential?