Card from our Lifestyle Deck:
The Castle has more accurate meanings when paired with another card in the lifestyle deck or with a tarot card.
Meanings: an independent person, authority, solitude, loneliness, isolation, aloofness, ego, arrogance
When we look at a Castle from down on the ground, we feel small, diminutive. From up above on the Castle, looking down, we’ve created a distance and boundaries. These two perspectives form the basis for all the meanings in the Castle card.
As someone looking up at the Castle, we interpret these larger than life spaces to be in positions of authority – which is why this card sometimes stands for government institutions and bureaucratic organizations. There is a sense of impenetrability to these institutions, a feeling that they are quite removed from the average person, and it’s inner workings are hidden and mysterious. As someone from inside the Castle, we understand that we must sometimes protect ourselves – and Castles were used as fortresses to defend against incoming attacks. Sometimes solitude is a form of self preservation, at times we must take a break from the hectic pace of life in order to recover and heal. If we extend this for too long however, this self-preservation instinct may turn into deep loneliness, and sometimes arrogance towards others.
The Castle Significators
- This card has Neutral energies
- If The Castle signifies a person they will often be Capricorn
- As a matching card The Castle signifies Delays (when or for how long)
- This card is ruled by Saturn
Examples of Questions to Ask
- How can I better protect myself?
- What am I protecting myself from?
- What or who is in a position of authority here?
- How does my ego affect this situation?