Card from our Lifestyle Deck:
The Dwelling has more accurate meanings when paired with another card in the lifestyle deck or with a tarot card.
Meanings: stay-at-home mom/dad, home, establishment, safety, tradition, custom, privacy, conservation
When the Dwelling appears in one’s card reading, issues of family and home life are being referenced. It can signal both the physical space, the people within it – such as specific family members, and also the more abstract concept of home. When we think of places that feel like home, they are places where we feel safe, where we feel protected, where we feel like we belong, where we are comfortable.
This same sense of belonging and comfort, while creating stability and security – can also make it difficult to go forth and try new ways of doing things. The Dwelling is a boundary between what is outside and what is inside – it is a bubble or a barrier, something which separates. It implies that there is an us and a them. This can mean keeping things away from the private eye, but also can translate to the feeling of close-mindedness.
The Dwelling Significators
- This card has Positive energies
- If The Dwelling signifies a person they will often be Cancer
- As a matching card The Dwelling signifies Permanent (when or for how long)
- This card is ruled by the Moon
Examples of Questions to Ask
- Where is my home now?
- How does tradition affect my current situation?
- How does my family affect my current situation?
- Where in life can I explore the unknown?