Card from our Lifestyle Deck:
The Joker has more accurate meanings when paired with another card in the lifestyle deck or with a tarot card.
Meanings: a narcissist, selfishness, self interest, trickery, suspicion, cunning, caution
A cunning trickster, the Joker has been traditionally known to farmers as a thief that steals their hard earned crop. For that reason, some of the more common meanings to the Joker include deception by a cunning and shrewd creature.
But we can also understand the Joker as a creature that engages in that kind of behavior in order to adapt and survive. Sometimes, in order to make ends meet, we have to engage in egotistical and selfish behavior. Self-care is sometimes interpreted by others as selfishness. The methods they use may certainly not be honest or fair, but those may be the only means available to them. The intelligence of the Joker can also translate to not just sneaky behavior, but also suspicion and distrust. They tread lightly on their environments, aware of all the danger that may be lurking. This too, is a survival instinct.
The Joker Significators
- This card has Negative energies
- If The Joker signifies a person they will often be Scorpio
- As a matching card The Joker signifies Difficult Timing (when or for how long)
- This card is ruled by Pluto
Examples of Questions to Ask
- How can I be more trusting?
- What do I need to be cautious about?
- Who may be being dishonest to me?
- What do I have to do in order to make it through a troubling situation?